My daughter came to visit last week. It was great but she had to leave.

I love when she comes home. I do. She got in town last Monday. She was coming in town to see a friend who plays for Corpus Christi. They were in town playing the Sod Poodles.

It’s hard for me to be rooting for the Sod Poodles AND also rooting for this fine gentleman but I do it.

She was supposed to leave early Thursday. I wasn’t sure how much I would be able to see her. I was determined. Oh and family first!

So our plans were for dinner on Wednesday. Oh and then the strep throat happened.

After hours of arguing with her via text on Wednesday. If you’re sick go to the doctor. It’s easier since she has a place to go here in Amarillo. She has not found a place in Dallas yet. Growing up she was susceptible to getting strep. So I figured it got her again.

She finally gave in late that afternoon and yep. Strep it was. So she couldn’t work until Saturday. She got a shot and some meds and headed to my house.

We went to dinner that night. I knew it wasn’t a good idea. She felt horrible and cranky. It didn’t end well.

She decided to leave on Friday instead of Thursday since she couldn’t work her
Friday shifts.

Thursday she felt a bit better so we went shopping at Kohl’s and then drove through Whataburger at the exact time Georgia Street was flooding. The good news about Kohl's was that I spent enough money to get $45 in Kohl's Cash. Score.

Credit: Melissa Bartlett, TSM
Credit: Melissa Bartlett, TSM

We decided she would meet me on Friday at Happy State Bank and she would leave after we had lunch at Napoli’s. Lunch was great but she wasn’t ready to go home.

She, after much debate, decided she would leave Saturday morning early. She would get in town just before she had to be at work at 2 pm.

We decided to have dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Friday. I got prime rib and she got wings. Come on it’s a steak place!

She left after that and hung out with friends. We knew she had to be up at 5:30 am to have plenty of time to get to work.

She got to my house about 1 am but after both of us trying to sleep. Neither one could. So at about 3:30 am she decided to get on the road.

Obviously as mom I was up the whole time. I called her every hour to make sure she was OK. She made it to Dallas at 9:20 am and could rest a bit before work.

I hated she had to leave but she had to get back into her world. Oh and she had to leave because it seems all we did was EAT! I needed a break from all the restaurants.

Hey but the good news is we made plans to go on vacation this summer. This hasn’t been a possibility in years. So I am so excited!

So I love when my daughter comes to visit but I also know I need to let her go and save up my money for her next trip.


More From Mix 94.1